Samuel Noel Harrison #1655
Phalanx Honor Society Member
Bachelor of Architecture, 2022
President of the National Organization of Minority Architecture Students (NOMAS RPI)-2 years
– Led the chapter to foster a professional, academic, and student social support system
– Participated in a design competition for a carbon-neutral transit development for Chicago, IL
– Increased campus presence and student participation
– Mentored design-thinking activities to increase representation of underrepresented minorities in architecture through the Pre-College Design Program
Chairman of the Multicultural Leadership Council (MLC)
-Organized dicussions within the multicultural community to garner opinions and concerns regarding new cultural spaces in the union
-Represented multicultural organizations on the Union Executive Board
Black Student’s Alliance (BSA) Fashion Show Director
– Promoted Black cultural, intellectual, and social interest at RPI and in the surrounding community
– Designed and fabricated the backdrop and runway set for the annual fashion show, with designers from all over the country
Resident Assistant (RA)
-Worked collaboratively with Student Living and Learning professional staff to create an inclusive community within the residence halls.
-Articulated the policies and procedures of Rensselaer, represented the needs of students to the Institution, and contributed to the development of students outside of the classroom.
-Present the Rensselaer experience to perspective students.
Rensselaer Black & LatinX Student Coalition (RBLX) Founding Member
-Organized the forming of the collective of Black and LatinX student organizations at Rensselaer, who are committe to transforming Rensselaer into a more inclusive, equitable, and safe environment for all students.
Rensselaer School of Architecture Dean’s Leadership Committee
-Work directly with the Dean of the SoA, representing the student body, to solve challenges within the School.